Pokemon was probably the favorite cartoon tv series of 90s’ kids. Since the tv show had started, every kid wanted to be Ash Ketchum and catch them all in real life. But that couldn’t be made possible back then. Until now! The Pokemon Company and Nintendo teamed up to develop a new app called Pokemon Go that has brought Pokemon back to life.
Pokemon Go isn’t your typical Android or iOS game. It is totally a step further in the mobile gaming world. Pokemon Go is an augmented reality game that uses your phone’s internet connection and GPS system to operate.
The game gives a real life experience to you as it uses google maps for determining your exact location. So, you see pokemons which you have to catch by throwing a Pokeball at them while you walk around. The game also has a camera option which shows you the real environment and graphical Pokemons at the same time.
As Pokemon Go is a high-end game and is on a different level in the mobile gaming industry, there are many things that a smartphone should feature to be able to run the app. So, we are going to discuss all of the important requirements of Pokemon Go in this article that your phone needs to have.
Phone Requirements for Playing Pokemon Go Game
Pokemon Go is a highly graphical game and uses more than one thing at the same time to run. So, it is only fair that the smartphone should be a good one too. A good smartphone would be the one that has all the required sensors like touch, motion, etc., a good amount of RAM i.e. 2 GB and an operating system that is not very old.
All the smartphones that have been launched in last 12 months or so should meet all the necessary requirements needed for Pokemon Go to run. But if your phone is older than that, then you got to find out if it is compatible with the app or not. So, let’s take a look at some of the basic requirements that Pokemon Go needs in case of both Android and iOS supporting devices.
Pokemon Go Requirement for Android
- The version of the operating system should be Android 4.4 to Android 6.0.1.
- A strong internet connection is much needed to have an uninterrupted experience. Therefore, 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi are the internet connections that are highly recommended.
- If you are using a 2G data connection, the app might just keep crashing.
- The perfect resolution for the game is 720 x 1280 pixels which will be okay for all the standard smartphones but not the tablets.
- Your phone must have a GPS system and Location Services in it as the game will be useless without them.
Pokemon Go Requirement for iOS (iPhone/iPad)
- The app works on iPhone series 5 or the most recent models (5s, 6, 6S, 6S Plus) supporting operating system iOS 8 or more.
- Just like Android, a reliable internet connection like Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G is much needed for iPhone too.
- GPS and other location services
- Suitable resolution will be 720 x 1280 pixels.
Note: You can check your iPhone’s version by going to Settings > General > About.
Pokémon GO currently runs on iOS and Android supporting devices. Unfortunately, the game is not available for Window supporting smartphones. The smartphones that you use to play this game should have all the things it requires to operate the game and also to give you the best gaming experience while you play.
There might be some phones that have one of these things missing and that could stop the app to run. So, carefully check before you install the game.