Read this post and learn how you can use jio 4g sim on a 2g/3g phone which don’t have VoLTE. In case you don’t have a jio sim, also read this because here we have also shown you step by step how you can get a jio sim with a 2g/3g android phone. We all know that Jio is an LTE SIM and you need a 4G supporting device to insert the same. What if you can’t avail a 4G device? Is there any solution available?
I am sorry to say, there are no official methods available to make a 2G/ 3G device 4G supporting. Still, you can play with the device configuration to make it function like the same. Here in this article, I am going to give two different methods for both MediaTek and SnapDragon chipsets.
Caution: The method is a risky one. So, do it on your own risk. MostUsefulDrills or any one associated with this blog won’t be responsible for any damages caused to your phone because of this.
Check the list of phones which supports Jio VoLTE.
How to Get& Use Jio 4G SIM in a 3G/ 2G Phone?
As I said earlier, you are going to get two different methods. So, it is significant to know the chipset manufacturer.
For doing the same, you should install CPU Z application on your device. Once the installation finishes, open the app to know the device specifications. There, you will find the chipset manufacture info.
Method for Android Devices with SnapDragon Chipsets
If your chipset is made by SnapDragon, you can follow the methods given below.
- Step 1: First, you have to install an app called Shortcut Master Lite.
- Step 2: After finishing the installation, you should open it. Can you see the three-dots on the right-top portion of the screen? Simply tap on the same.
- Step 3: From the menu that pops up, you should choose Engineering Mode or Service menu.
- Step 4: You will see one item named System Apps there. Open it and go to change LTE bands.
- Step 5: At this step, you have to open the dialer app for dialing *#2263#. You may feel weird to read the next step. Still, you have to select the menu, hit back and again press the menu.
- Step 6: Enter 0000 after going to the Key Input. You should wait a few seconds until the popup appears.
- Step 7: Once the popup comes up, you need to follow UE Settings>> Settings>> Protocol>> NAS>> Network Control>> Band Selection>> LTE Band>> Band 40.
- Step 8: Finally, restart your device and insert Jio SIM card into the first slot. There you go!
(Read: How to Check Jio Welcome Offer Remaining 4G Data)
Method for Android Devices with MediaTek Chipsets
For phones with MediaTek chipsets, you can follow the steps given below.
- Step 1: Similar to the first method, you need an app here as well. Click here to install MTK engineering mode on your device.
- Step 2: When the installation finishes, open the app and go to MTK Settings>> Preferred Network or Network Selection.
- Step 3: You have to choose LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) or 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM.
- Step 4: Save the settings and restart your phone. That’s it.
Must Read: How to Bypass Jio 4GB Per Day Limit & Get Normal 4G Speed.
Read this, you will find out a exclusive trick to get full 4G speen even after using 4Gb of daily Jio Limit.
Both the methods are risky as it involves changing the framework of the phone.
Did you try this trick? Try this and let me know the outcome. If you face any issues, don’t forget to let me know about it. I will come up with a solution as early as possible.
In case you are on a custom ROM, you can follow the brief process given below.
Also Read: Is Reliance Jio Locking Your Phone’s SIM Slot?
Open dialer>> hit *#*#4636#*#*>> Phone information>> Set preferred network type>> LTE/ GSM auto (PRL). Finally, insert your Jio sim into the SIM 1 slot.